Honoring the sacrifices of the 911 Heroes
Dallas, Texas: July 31, 2007. The Foundation for Pluralism and the World Muslim Congress have announced the 3rd annual 911 Memorial event to be held on Sunday, September 9, 2007 at Crowne Plaza Hotel at 14315 Midway Road in Addison, a suburb of Dallas, Texas. Mike Ghouse, President of the organizations announced. “This event is under planning stages in 10 Cities around the nation”.
Event: Unity Day USA
Date & Time: Sunday, September 9th, 2007 between 4:15 to 7:00 PM
Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 14315 Midway Road, Addison, TX 75001
On this Unity Day USA, we, the people of the United States of America; of every faith, race, ethnicity, culture and background, gather to pray for peace, unity and security of our nation and the world.
Our 2007 theme is One Nation under God. Our religious prayer leaders will seek guidance and wisdom from their respective faiths. Our Civil servants and community leaders will echo the same sentiment and suggest ways in which we as individuals can work toward cohesive and thriving local communities.
The American Muslims, the World Muslim Congress and the Foundation for Pluralism have taken the initiative to remember one of the greatest tragedies in the history of our nation by bringing about a positive change to the 911 event. We wish to honor the lives of thousands of fellow Americans on that day and we have committed to make this day, the Sunday before 911, a day of Unity of Americans to pledge to the peace, unity and prosperity of our nation.
Unity Day USA is to be held on Sunday before September 11 of each year, as was suggested by Congressman Pete Sessions, Kenny Marchant and Ralph Hall in a luncheon meeting in Dallas. Congressman Sessions’ office is planning to get Unity Day USA proclaimed as National Day along with Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi who has shown the same interest.
As Americans we uphold, protect, defend and celebrate the values enshrined in our constitution. All our faiths reinforce the creed of "One Nation under God, with liberty and justice for all."
Mike Ghouse, Chairperson, Unity Day USA
More information available at the following links:
1. Key Note speakers: Karen Hughes, undersecretary of State, working….
2. Key Note Speakers: Daisy Khan, a national interfaith leader confirmed.
3. Power Point Presentation: http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Images_UnityDay/UnityDayUSA_PluralismWebsite.pps
4. Album for 2006 - http://picasaweb.google.com/MikeGhouse/UnityDayUSA2006_Album02
5. Album for 2005 - http://picasaweb.google.com/MikeGhouse/UnityDayUSA_2005
6. News Media: http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Images_UnityDay/UnityDay_Past_Press.asp
7. 90 Organizations Participated - http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Images_UnityDay/UnityDay_PastOrganizations.asp
8. Religious leaders who participated - http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Images_UnityDay/UnityDay_Past_SpiritualLeaders.asp
9. Civic Leaders - http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Images_UnityDay/UnityDay_Past_HonoredGuests.asp
10. Comments: http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Images_UnityDay/UnityDay_Past_Comments.asp
11. Different Religious Greetings - http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Index_Greetings.asp
12. Pluralism Prayer - http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/index_Prayers.asp
13. Understanding religion, all religons monthly workshops : http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Calendar.asp